Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

While Chew's away ...


Chew's on vacation. Yep. Gone for the entire week. He's off to California to meet with some friends, enjoy the scenery and buy stuff (probably lots of music). So, while he's away, I'm taking over and will post for the rest of the week ... Muargh har har ha ... ahhhhh, the power!

First up: Melvin. I did this in 2006, in my office while waiting on my files to save. I was working on a magazine at the time and I was stuck with a really outdated computer with incredibly outdated software. I had to toggle between Illustrator, Quark, Photoshop, and Acrobat to design and format each individual magazine page. I had no access to Indesign and it took forever to save files and convert the pages into PDFs (I loooooove Indesign – bless you Adobe, bless you). My computer would lock up if I attempted to do anything else but distill pages through a program called distiller. Too much information? Probably. To kill time, I would start these doodles ... and this is one of them. It started out with Melvin and, because I was bored, I started cramming more and more type into the picture. I still get a chuckle out of how ridiculous the whole scenario is.

Tomorrow ... the first part of a two part post ... in (gasp) color!

-Jeff Tuffenstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment