Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My pet dragon


Look! I'm not lazy! I'm not lazy!

This panel took a while. The hardest part was coming up with a way to match the mood of Chew's last panel without going too dark. I wanted to draw the pet dragon for a looong time and as soon as I got the chance, I did. At first I toyed with the idea of creating a really small dragon but I settled on a big goofy looking one with spikes instead.

I changed up the lettering style. I have to admit that I'm never really happy with my lettering. I thought I was on to something with the lettering style I used in Flex Fantastic (all lowercase letters) but when the book was reduced to it's 5.5" x 8.5" print size, I felt that the text was really hard to read. So its all capital letters in this story and I think with this panel I'm getting close...really close.

Chew and I are trying to wrap this story up in four pages and this panel completes the third page. I am curious to see if we pull this off.

I should write more but I worked on this panel for most of the evening and now it's time to watch some TV and drink some Root Beer (IBC, baby! Holla! ... best root beer money can buy). And then I'll iron some clothes and prepare lunch for the kids for school tomorrow and then ...

... then I need to get some sleep.

-- Jeff Tuffenstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment